This post may contain affiliate links, my full disclosure can be read here.
What better topic could a Canadian explore during January but snow! This month we are diving into a unit study all about winter. We will learn about snow and ice, how it’s formed and all the fun things we can do with it.
We will also be learning about winter habitats. While searching online I have found a wealth of ideas for our fun adventure.
Here are some of the things we will be using this month.
We will us parts from these lapbooks. All except the weather lapbook area also Five in a Row units.
Crafts & Activities
- Snowman Mobile http://www.kizclub.com/craft/snowman1.pdfEdible snow
- Snowflakes Patterns
- Felt Snowman
- Winter Animal Coloring Pages
- Winter games & Activities
- There are LOTS of crafts, online games ect. Here.
- Make ice castles ~ Freeze water in different size containers, colored with food coloring. Use them to build castles and other objects outside.
- Make paper snowflakes
- Build a snowman
- OnlineWord searches & puzzles
- Closeup photos of snowflakes
- More Snowflakes
- Borax Snowflakes
- Learn about the density of water, ice and snow
- Make igloo’s out of sugar cubes or ice cubes
- Wilson Bentley “the snowflake man”
- Wilson Bentley YouTube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lAnb4oMXJtUhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yo83aO-r5zM
- Learning about the Inuit