This post may contain affiliate links, my full disclosure can be read here.
Making learning ABC’s easy with these free printable alphabet matching uppercase and lowercase letter cards! There are so many fun ways these cards can be used to practice the ABC’s.
I’ve been having fun making activities to help my preschooler practice recognizing capital and lowercase letters. While there are lots of pre-made cards I could buy my little one really likes nature and girly themes so I just had to make up some special letter cards just for her.
Since she loves them so much I thought I’d share them with you too!
Ways To Use These Upper and Lowercase Matching Cards
There are so many fun ways you can use these letter matching cards to help your preschooler learn to identify letters.
- Start by practicing matching just a few cards together. As they get better and faster about finding the matches you can start to add more cards to the mix.
- Play a game of memory by laying the cards face down. Turn one card over and then try to find the matching letter.
- Try hiding some of the cards around the house and give clues to find them. Hide the letter A card need some apples, etc.
How To Make Your Letter Matching Cards Last Longer
You can definitely just print these cards on cardstock and get to playing with them. But paper doesn’t always last very long in the hands of younger children, right?
If you’d like to keep this letter matching activity looking great for a while I really recommend laminating them!
How To Make Your Printable Letter Matching Cards
How To Put Them Together
- Download and print the letter matching cards onto regular paper (use cardstock if not laminating).
- Cut them apart and place them into your laminator pouches leaving a little space between each card.
- Once the laminator sheets have cooled cut them apart and round the corners so they aren’t sharp.
- Go and play!
Download your butterfly themed letter matching cards below and have some fun learning ABC’s with your child!