This post may contain affiliate links, my full disclosure can be read here.
Darcy over at Live with my 3 Boybarians is hosting a Not Back To School Blog Hop. Head on over and check out all the wonderful links!
I have been busy planning our new school year. Our focus this year will be on geography and cultures.
I’ve chosen Galloping the Globe (GTG) as our spine. I’ve really liked what I’ve read so far. Its a unit study approach and encourages notebooking. Many of the book suggestions are also Five in a Row (FIAR) books. Since we LOVE FIAR we will be using thoughts books when there is one for each country.
I will post soon a more detail plan for our year.
- First Language Lessons
- Copy work Natural Speller
- Readers (Christian Liberty Press Nature Readers, Pathways)
- Language activities from Five in a Row
Story of the World 1 with activity guide (we are about half way through this already)
- Map time
- Galloping the Globe
- Five in a Row
- Science selections from GTG and FIAR.
- Considering Gods Creation
- Nature studies
- Extra studies on botany, weather, the animal kingdom
- other interests
- Drawing with Children
- FIAR suggestions
- Composer and artist study for countries studied in GTG
- Math U See Beta
- Supplemented with MEP and Mammoth Math as needed
- Leading Little Ones to God
- Teach Your Child to Read In 100 Easy Lessons (we have already started this)
- Writing worksheets/copy work
- Bob books
- Math U See Primer
- Same as 2nd grade, adjusted for grade level
- We will be making an ABC notebook (also for our K’er)
- Also joins in for map time and Bible study
- Lots of play and fun.
Toddler and Baby
- Lots of play 🙂